The company was incorporated in December 1990 as a sister concern of Espi, with the intention of manufacturing Bulk Drugs. Commercial production of the same began in the year 1993. Over the years the company has shifted focus and has evolved into an entity primarily involved in the manufacture of tablets, dry syrups, capsules, liquid drops and oral liquids.
The state-of-the-art facility is spread over approximately 2000 square feet and engages about 50 individuals. Infrastructure at the facility includes:
- A state of the art liquid filling line with a capacity of 9 million bottles annually, primarily utilized for the manufacture of liquid drops
- A tablet manufacturing section with an installed capacity of over 300 million units annually
- A capsule manufacturing section with an installed capacity of over 300 million units annually
- A dry syrup packing section for dry powders with a capacity of 6 million units annually
- A research center and laboratory spread over approximately 3000 square feet. for analysis, microbial testing and product development.
Below is a comprehensive list of equipment available in the production area at DFPL:List Of Equipment